Photocopiers

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Jan 2024 08 20:29

Photocopiers

Slightly boring question but just interested to know if anyone experienced of a particular supplier.
Our current photocopier contract is soon coming to an end, and as always I’m shopping around via our County approved suppliers and one company (who iv never heard of have come out far more cheaper than any of the others)

They are called Kyocera. They must be ok to be an “approved” supplier but when I contact out LA for feedback they are not so forthcoming.
We are now, and have been for many year with Sharp. Never any issues, engineer calls are done within 24 hours, overall great.

So, does anyone here use them or have used them? What’s the after sale service like and are breakdowns repaired within good time? Any issues at all.

Thanks in advance [Thumb_up.png]
Pebble
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 07:46

Re: Photocopiers

Yes, we use Kyocera. Have 5 huge units, the size of a small storage shed lol and approx. 70 office type units. We don't order cartidges, the copiers do it themselves, clever eh?

If there's a service issue, engineer is usually around the same day, at the latest the next and we're based in the sticks. Parts are often sent ahead of an engineer direct to us.

Overall, BM and head of Repro seem happy with Kyocera [Success.png]
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 08:26

kyocera used to make good solid copiers and printers.

I have two here that are 10+ years old and still going.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 09:04

I believe that is a well known brand.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 09:41

I have repaired many a kyocera printer in my time..

They are a good well established manufacturer so should at least be ok..
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
steveg
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 10:13

Just changed all ours to Kyocera devices about 2 months ago, with a follow me secure print solution as well. Have been very impressed with the devices so far, no real issues and follow me print has near enough eliminated waste. Just make sure you are purchasing through an approved framework, I assume this will be the case if they are approved by the LA.
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 11:18

steveg wrote: 9th Jan 2024 at 10:13am Just changed all ours to Kyocera devices about 2 months ago, with a follow me secure print solution as well. Have been very impressed with the devices so far, no real issues and follow me print has near enough eliminated waste. Just make sure you are purchasing through an approved framework, I assume this will be the case if they are approved by the LA.
Follow me is superb!
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 19:47

Thanks all… that’s some positive feedback. Not being “down” with copier suppliers it’s a company I’d never heard of but reading reply’s it gives some possibilities.
As said they are already a LA CCS provider so has to be ok but just wanted to check [Thumb_up.png] thanks all.