Its like working with children.

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 08:26

Its like working with children.

Hi guys, Happy new year.

So, we are a week in and already it's started. I came in this morning and on entering the staff room I found the sink full of pots even though the staff have a dishwasher. That says nothing more to me than they think it is beneath them to wash their own pots and leave it to some menial.. I have been tempted in the past to throw the lot away (as also jokingly suggested by the head). What is wrong with these people.
I am also ready to give my reasons for not cleaning their microwaves to the BM. We provide the means to cover their food yet they choose not to use it.

That's it......rant over.
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
skirbeck
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 08:43

Re: Its like working with children.

over the years have thrown lots of pots away that people have just left out instead washing or putting in the dishwasher - it works for quite a while.
Knights of Skirbeck Medieval re-enactment, not so much a hobby as a way of life!
I'm so old fashioned, outside work I'm either in the 15th or 19th centuries! (Medieval or steampunk, which is best?)
Mastergunner
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 09:18

Same here,
either dishwasher full and not turned on, with excess crockery thrown in the sink, or dirty cups etc thrown in the dishwasher with the already clean stuff. I watched two teachers yesterday come into the staff room, take some cakes from a packet, then just discard the empty packet on the table! Pure laziness
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 09:24

I've had this discussion with numerous Heads and they always sympathise, but also then say that I have to understand how busy teachers are and that sometimes these things "just happen". I always say about how everyone is busy and yet it's always almost exclusively the teachers that leave their stuff everywhere! It's improved since I told my cleaners to just not clean the room if it's not tidy. They're not housekeepers, that is all of our responsibility.
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 10:17

Describing teachers as being like children is a bit harsh but they are definitely no better than teenagers with an often staggering lack of common sense.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 10:58

Maverick wrote: 9th Jan 2024 at 8:26am What is wrong with these people.
The phrase “it's life Jim, but not as we know it” springs to mind... [zip.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
PalaceEagles
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 11:19

I used to leave notes on the plates, cups etc left in the staff room and waited to see if the items were removed. If the items weren't removed or put in the dishwasher I then used to take pictures of them and send it out as an 'all staff' email. If that didn't work it just used to get thrown in the bin. What I find most amusing in all of this, is that if so much as a small piece of rubbish is missed by the cleaner all hell breaks out and complaints start to happen but in the staff room it seems to be acceptable to leave it in a state.
greenjack
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 11:39

PalaceEagles wrote: 9th Jan 2024 at 11:19am I used to leave notes on the plates, cups etc left in the staff room and waited to see if the items were removed. If the items weren't removed or put in the dishwasher I then used to take pictures of them and send it out as an 'all staff' email. If that didn't work it just used to get thrown in the bin. What I find most amusing in all of this, is that if so much as a small piece of rubbish is missed by the cleaner all hell breaks out and complaints start to happen but in the staff room it seems to be acceptable to leave it in a state.
exactly so. I’ve lost count of incidents where teachers have been at fault but I get met with a shrug or look of indignation. One similar thing caused by a cleaner will have them up in arms stating ‘health and safety’
Roll in retirement!
seedfut06
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 14:07

Dont get me started-too late.
Before --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- we had the usual last minute "lets wind the caretaker up"issues. Wheres the decs, how do we put them up, cant you put them up .etc
Then to top it i started passing blood.
So operation booked for kidney stones to be removed. Advised to take it easy. so a few days off before the op(december 20-subsiquently cancelled) so i thought.
Skeleton staff in. 3
But whos going to clean our toilet?
Ill leave it there.
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 09 17:29

Comparing them to children is harsh. Kids are not THAT bad [Big grin.png]
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.