Text messages

Discussion about Wi-Fi, Routers, Computers, Windows, Mobile Phones, Software, Hardware...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

eebagum
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Jan 2024 13 19:22

Text messages

So since virgin mobile joined O2 and made me go onto O2 mobile I've been unable to receive or send any texts. Ok we don't use it much these days. But if the Drs, bank, etc need t send one with a password number on you need it. I've tried everything to sort it. But gave in. Contacted O2 direct. Told do this do that. Nothing. Oh we will get our technical team to ring you. You will get a call by end of the month.😲
If you guys and gals have any ideas I'm open to suggestions.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Jan 2024 13 19:49

Re: Text messages

As far as I am aware, text messages are directly linked to your telephone number. So as long as somebody types your number into the address of the text, it should send the text to you.

If you can receive calls and call out, then you should be able to send and receive text messages. The fault does seem to be at their end by the sound of it.

I'm assuming you are in credit and most likely have unlimited texts. Are you able to check what you are entitled to online?

My only thought is if they can't or won't fix it, get a PAK number from your current supplier and find another supplier. Normally, you can text them to get it within 2 hours but in your case you'll not be able to do that. It will mean a phone call. You can transfer your existing number to a new company that way. https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/guides/ ... ne-number/

Make sure you are not tied to a contract or paying off the cost of a new phone.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
eebagum
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 13 21:18

SIM only deal and everything else works perfectly. Never had issues when it was virgin mobile.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jan 2024 13 21:38

I see you are not alone m8. Seems several people are having the same issue.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Vi ... -p/5331190

Not that VM were any help at all. [Angry.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 14 10:31

It does sound strange, as CT mentioned texts are linked directly to your mobile number. Is your mobile very old, if you have an Android mobile have you tried settings/updates to see if that helps. I recently had to clear the text history on my mobile as there were thousands of texts taking up memory space.
How about taking your mobile to an 02 shop, I’m sure they could sort it for you.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
eebagum
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 14 16:54

Been into local O2 store. Yes very knowledgeable. Told me to ring O2 like we've told others with the same issue. 😡