toilet roll

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Beepy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 19 15:28

toilet roll

Whilst shopping for replacemnt toilet locks I got drawn to the industrial toilet roll dispensers. We currently use normal sized toilet roll, which does lend itself to vandalism etc How do those who use the large dispensers find it, is it more cost effective or do you have more waste?
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 19 15:30

Re: toilet roll

Beepy wrote: 19th Jan 2024 at 3:28pm Whilst shopping for replacemnt toilet locks I got drawn to the industrial toilet roll dispensers. We currently use normal sized toilet roll, which does lend itself to vandalism etc How do those who use the large dispensers find it, is it more cost effective or do you have more waste?
We find the most cost effective is the bulk pack toilet tissue. the blighters can only pull so many individual sheets out at a time. and no expensive and troublesome branded roll dispensers.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 19 19:20

Agree it’s most definitely more cost effective. You can also fill with multiple rolls so less time taken with constant refills [Thumb_up.png]
inspector
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Jan 2024 21 10:36

Referring to Toilet rolls, there was a HUGE fire in Bridgend this week
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... s-28482205

Storing toilet rolls, oddly, it`s the third fire in quite a small area, ???
Eagleman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 22 09:19

We have the Tork centrefeed in the kids loos. Double expensive, but use very little. Other loos have mini jumbos, dirt cheap, but gets used quicker...as for the ladies, they complain about every single type, so back to the bog standard (no pun intended) toilet rolls and holders
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 22 09:32

Vera wrote: 19th Jan 2024 at 3:30pm We find the most cost effective is the bulk pack toilet tissue. the blighters can only pull so many individual sheets out at a time. and no expensive and troublesome branded roll dispensers.
Also they don't need to be empty to refill. you just top up what's already there so you don't get calls of "the loo roll has run out in the yr2 toilets"
grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 22 12:07

We use the tork one, look alike rolls. Seems to keep the level of paper abuse to a minimum and they are a reasonable price.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Jan 2024 22 16:47

inspector wrote: 21st Jan 2024 at 10:36am Referring to Toilet rolls, there was a HUGE fire in Bridgend this week
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... s-28482205

Storing toilet rolls, oddly, it`s the third fire in quite a small area, ???
We had a little sprog set fire to the toilet roll in a plastic dispenser, The smoke damage spread to half the lower level of the school. After that, we had to remove all the plastic dispenser and replace them for 'all' metal. I say 'all' metal as many of the metal ones have plastic inside. It wasn't easy to find a supplier of all metal dispensers.

There seems to be no legislation on the fire rating of these plastic dispenser. [Angry.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 22 17:51

thecaretaker wrote: 22nd Jan 2024 at 4:47pm We had a little sprog set fire to the toilet roll in a plastic dispenser, The smoke damage spread to half the lower level of the school. After that, we had to remove all the plastic dispenser and replace them for 'all' metal. I say 'all' metal as many of the metal ones have plastic inside. It wasn't easy to find a supplier of all metal dispensers.

There seems to be no legislation on the fire rating of these plastic dispenser. [Angry.png]
Looks like someone has been arrested for the arson attack in Bridgend.
Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 23 08:29

On my arrival I found Bay West fitted. They carry 2 rolls but as you have to buy "their product" it was quite expensive. I then persuade the BM to move over to Leonardo dispensers. As they carry a micro mini toilet roll which I sourced from my local supplier they payed for themselves in no time. They are 18.95 for 24 rolls and last just over a week.
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off