You have to laugh

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

eebagum
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Feb 2024 24 09:35

You have to laugh

So after leaving my primary school over two years ago with the worst head I ever worked for. They haven't been able to keep any caretakers due to the head in question. Agency most of the time.
Took a call yesterday from the school asking would I like to come back on the same terms and conditions. Pay also. I'm now on more pay less hours no split shifts and 10 minutes from work. It must have killed the head making that call. My answer was. Why have you kept my phone number. And you should have been a nicer person instead of a nasty person and maybe I would have stayed. Then hung up.
Would you have gone back. Honestly awful nasty head. I'm always right attitude. Talked to you like a child.
Dragonrider
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Feb 2024 24 09:48

Re: You have to laugh

eebagum wrote: 24th Feb 2024 at 9:35am Would you have gone back. Honestly awful nasty head. I'm always right attitude. Talked to you like a child.
No, I wouldn't and indeed, had a similar experience. Nasty piece of work, absolutely NOT a people person, forced me out and when I walked away, never looked back. Darn sight happier now even though I no longer work due to ill health, plus I'm retired now anyway.
[Cool.png]
After 28 years in one school, moving on to a new start and new lifestyle, Headmistress free! Double Stroke survivor.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 24 09:49

The way the job seems to be heading now no, and definitely not if I was treated badly.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 24 12:30

Keyolder wrote: 24th Feb 2024 at 9:49am The way the job seems to be heading now no, and definitely not if I was treated badly.
I totally agree and was badly treated, would never have done another minute for them
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
eebagum
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Feb 2024 24 12:52

Like I said in another topic. I didn't use to be like that.
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Feb 2024 24 21:05

Had similar, but with BM and not head.

I was in the processes of being made redundant (best thing ever in hindsight, not so much at the time.)
Any hoo BM called me “there may be a place at another school within the federation.”

Straight onto my Union Rep, letter drafted saying basically not a snowballs chance in hell would I work with him any further. And that I had lost all faith with the SLT in general and him in particular.

BM later promoted to Business Director 🙄 kind of tells you all you need to know.

Nice feeling.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Feb 2024 24 21:14

Likewise. In my case the head and BM worked in cahoots with each other. The BM had to do all the dirty work while the head gave him his orders.

I was asked if I would like to go to the schools 25th anniversary celebration dinner and meet up with all the old staff. You can guess what my reply was. I would not want to meet up with them again for fear of flooring them both. [Angry.png]

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)