Shipping containers

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Feb 2024 29 12:47

Re: Shipping containers

Frankle wrote: 29th Feb 2024 at 12:09pm Wernick Hire, as well as rental also sell new and used containers.
Used to work for them, good shout to be fair. Ex hire units can be sold for as low as 800 in decent condition (price depends on the age and revenue on the actual unit).

If you're prepared to tidy them up yourselves, I have known them to be sold for as low as 300....
Gigantor
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 01 09:52

Thanks everyone, a good range of suppliers. Looks like i'll need to pop the kettle on to have a look through them all [Big grin.png]
"I know that you are really busy (And I can't be bothered), but..." "Could you just...?" "When you get a chance... No rush. (But what I actually mean is right now)"
Tools
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 11 16:18

We approached a transport company and they donated two containers to us. If you don't ask you will never know
Wish I could understand Headteachers!
Chester
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 12 08:06

I've used Containers direct and also Adaptainer , very happy with both companies.
Sweep68
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 13 17:51

I have used Adaptainer a couple of times, found them very competitive on price & easy to deal with.
Adaptainer Ltd | Reliant House, 3 Angel Lane, Fore Street, Ipswich, Suffolk IP4 1JX | Tel: 01473 281818 (option 4) [Thumb_up.png]
Gigantor
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 21 14:46

After having a measure up properly and working out the access etc. we have decided on a flat pack container. Thanks again for all the help. [Like.png]
"I know that you are really busy (And I can't be bothered), but..." "Could you just...?" "When you get a chance... No rush. (But what I actually mean is right now)"
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 21 16:57

We had a couple over the years, old hire ones bought from Nixons, £800 for one and a £1000 for the other, used them to store the exam desks as we had no internal storage
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
TheTusk
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 22 07:40

We have one old shipping container bought way before my time. It now leaks and is rusting so I looked into getting rid of it. It seems impossible without costing a lot of money. People will take it away but they'll charge you for doing so and then they'll store it at your expense until they can sell it on, which they won't be able to if it's rusty and leaking. So you end up paying them forever. It may be different elsewhere but this was my experience.
We also have two Expandastore flat pack ones, these are great and can be moved if needed.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 22 10:05

TheTusk wrote: 22nd Mar 2024 at 7:40am We have one old shipping container bought way before my time. It now leaks and is rusting so I looked into getting rid of it. It seems impossible without costing a lot of money. People will take it away but they'll charge you for doing so and then they'll store it at your expense until they can sell it on, which they won't be able to if it's rusty and leaking. So you end up paying them forever. It may be different elsewhere but this was my experience.
We also have two Expandastore flat pack ones, these are great and can be moved if needed.
Scrap metal recyclers
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 22 10:47

TheTusk wrote: 22nd Mar 2024 at 7:40am We have one old shipping container bought way before my time. It now leaks and is rusting so I looked into getting rid of it. It seems impossible without costing a lot of money. People will take it away but they'll charge you for doing so and then they'll store it at your expense until they can sell it on, which they won't be able to if it's rusty and leaking. So you end up paying them forever. It may be different elsewhere but this was my experience.
Can't you speak to a local scrap man?

He might come and chop it up and take it away.

If it was me I would take an angle grinder to it and drop it down into sheets.