Task management software

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

justineR
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 01 14:58

Task management software

Hey,

Does anyone use an app or any other software to track jobs/tasks?
Currently staff report jobs via email and we just make a list in excel shared between all site staff.
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 01 16:38

Re: Task management software

Google form then the job goes automatically into a spreadsheet. Used to have someone waste loads of time doing what you do - much more efficient this way and no cost.
justineR
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 01 17:11

can you explain how it works please?
Sitesupervisor
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 01 18:17

we use smart log https:sl.safesmart.co.uk use it for training and just about everything that happens at school. There is a cost but not sure what it is
Instagram keithcaretaker
Pebble
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 02 09:30

I'd also be interested in how Google Forms is set up and works in a maintenance environment. Something we desparately need for the SM to move on from post it notes.
steveg
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 02 15:23

Sitesupervisor wrote: 1st Mar 2024 at 6:17pm we use smart log https:sl.safesmart.co.uk use it for training and just about everything that happens at school. There is a cost but not sure what it is
How do you find the training on there? We use safesmart for all our compliance checks which it works well for, but the training is so incredibly boring, especially in the way it is presented that the school have purchased online training from elsewhere.
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2024 04 08:54

We use IamCompliant. You can put all of your planned tasks on there, register assets, put site plans on there, policies, has premade forms related to tasks to create audit trails and you can register one off jobs either yourself, setting everyone up on there, OR using their helpdesk ticket system. Great bit of kit.

If you have multiple site staff who may have specific items to check, you can assign ownership of the task to the staff member.

Training is very very good and IOSH certified. covers all sorts, not just your usual boring statutory stuff.
jholden
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 04 09:30

'Every' is the go to system here.
Sitesupervisor
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 04 10:04

steveg wrote: 2nd Mar 2024 at 3:23pm How do you find the training on there? We use safesmart for all our compliance checks which it works well for, but the training is so incredibly boring, especially in the way it is presented that the school have purchased online training from elsewhere.
The training is easy as they are multi-choice questions and you can do it as many times as you need to get the pass mark usually 80%
It's a good tick box to say it's been done, All staff have to do fire awareness I have the admin level so I review it and all staff get an email to say when it's overdue. can be set up for most things Fire warden, COSHH awareness, asbestos, legionella, working at height, Manual handing ect ect ect

It's good and easy to set up, Even have contractors on there, So they have to do the courses, all the cleaning staff. And you just set it up to repeat yearly monthly, daily, whatever you want.

Save a lot of time and money on training days for teachers, all staff,
dont know the cost but believe when I say it must be cheap as our BM would not have signed up for it.

safety smart contact our customer service department on 01908 320152
Instagram keithcaretaker
steveg
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 04 11:51

Sitesupervisor wrote: 4th Mar 2024 at 10:04am The training is easy as they are multi-choice questions and you can do it as many times as you need to get the pass mark usually 80%
It's a good tick box to say it's been done, All staff have to do fire awareness I have the admin level so I review it and all staff get an email to say when it's overdue. can be set up for most things Fire warden, COSHH awareness, asbestos, legionella, working at height, Manual handing ect ect ect

It's good and easy to set up, Even have contractors on there, So they have to do the courses, all the cleaning staff. And you just set it up to repeat yearly monthly, daily, whatever you want.

Save a lot of time and money on training days for teachers, all staff,
dont know the cost but believe when I say it must be cheap as our BM would not have signed up for it.

safety smart contact our customer service department on 01908 320152
We just found the delivery of the content in the training to look and feel very dated and boring - lots of staff complained and I could see their point. It is all vert text heavy, having now used the other training we signed up to which makes use of a lot of videos etc its clear to see the contrast. It is very cheap as a site, worth it for the compliance side on it's own, I just wish they would modernise the training a bit!