Clothing items

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

eebagum
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Mar 2024 02 09:16

Clothing items

So my dear lady said isn't it time you had a clear out of your wardrobe. So I agreed. But only if you do yours also. My oldest thing was a a denim shirt from C&A. They shut down in 2001. I got it well before then so about 25 years old. Funnily enough she had a coat from them that she bought in the sale the year they closed.
Did we throw away. No back in the wardrobe. Neither fitted us though.

So come on own up what you got clothing wise that's well past it's sell by date.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 02 10:39

Re: Clothing items

Everything i own unfortunately 😀
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Mar 2024 02 10:41

An Afghan Coat from the early 70's, a pair of Oxford Bags and an array of bright coloured kipper ties and cravats. None of which fit any more (and the ties I wouldn't want to be seen dead in now) but I have fond memories from my youth. Sadly, I broke the heel off of my 6" platform shoes after getting a bit drunk (or was I high) and I fell down the steps of the local toilets. I remember insisting I walked home as I didn't want my Dad to see me in that condition. It's not easy walking 5 miles with one leg 6" taller than the other. Just reminiscing. Happy days.... [zip.png] [Happy.png]

EDIT: I always wanted a genuine WWII Royal Air Force sheepskin flying jacket, I never did buy one and we had a forces surplus store in the town and I could have bought one very cheaply in the 70's. Now, if you can find one in good condition they are stupid money. By heck, they still make them.... https://www.rafmuseumshop.com/original- ... acket.html

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 02 12:06

I recently found a pair of Brutus flared jeans I had in the 70’s, 28-inch waist, they don’t fit btw. They were my favourite jeans back then, didn’t have the heart to throw them away. I’ve got a leather and sheepskin jacket from around the same time that I also could not throw away, they still fit and zip/button up if I breath in and hold my breath. I also still have my wedding suite, in one of those zipped clear hanger covers, still looks new as I only wore it once.
thecaretaker wrote: 2nd Mar 2024 at 10:41am I always wanted a genuine WWII Royal Air Force sheepskin flying jacket, I never did buy one and we had a forces surplus store in the town and I could have bought one very cheaply in the 70's.
I often visit the RAF Museum at Duxford, they have those replica flying jackets on sale in their gift shop. I was too scared to look at the price tag knowing it would be way out of my price range. I did enquire about the cost of a flight in their Spitfire when I was last there, you had better sit down the man behind the counter replied…
[Big grin.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 03 08:18

Got to admit to keeping clothes even though they do not fit, got so many as my three daughters always buy me clothes for occasions like birthdays, seasonal time and fathers day and so on, one daughter who is an Arsenal fan like me always buys Arsenal related clothing and accessories which means i now have 18 different Arsenal mugs stuck up on top of one of the kitchen cupboards lol. [Big grin.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)