The big O call

Pull up a chair, make a brew and chat with other members. Chat about any subject you want...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2024 04 11:48

The big O call

Well it’s finally happened, only a year or so late but we finally got the call from Ofsted to say we are having our 2 day inspection as of tomorrow.
Most of us have been through this process many times before, headless chickens comes to mind… oh well, guess it’s gonna be a late night for us as head wants school open until everyone is ready !
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 04 12:05

Re: The big O call

Good luck, but open until everyone is ready? You won't be going home then because there's always someone that's never ready...
grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 04 12:07

It's always the same the day before everyone running around. I think OFSTED should just give an hour or two's notice that would be interesting to see.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 04 12:30

grimoopnorth wrote: 4th Mar 2024 at 12:07pm It's always the same the day before everyone running around. I think OFSTED should just give an hour or two's notice that would be interesting to see.
I agree in fact i think they should just walk in and announce themselves. The school should be sern as it is not as how it seems after loads of preparation time for which the CT usually loses out by having to work extremely late. Last time we had an inspection when i was working, it was 1am when i left the building and they wanted to be back in at 5am. They should be always ready and not need to be running around like headless chickens at the last minute which I am sure we have all witnessed and found amusing 😀
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 04 14:26

They want to stay late- they lock up I'm afraid, same if they want to come in early. Yes, they have keys but probably don't know how to use them [Big grin.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 04 14:48

Tin hat time and hunker in your bunker as all the stress the CO's are under will be directed your way and all those jobs that they couldn't be bothered to tell you about will need doing NOW! because it's a H&S issue you know.. [Scared.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 04 15:01

As Vera says, here come the MEGA IMPORTANT H&S JOBS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE WEEKS AGO...But not important enough to report to you or anyone else..

Wonder if Ofsted inspectors get tired of the fresh paint smell all schools seem to have too..
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 04 16:02

The last O inspection I was involved in one of the inspectors wanted a site walk with me, it was informal friendly and lasted around 30 minutes. He questioned me on safeguarding and site security. I was asked by the HT to submit a folder of my statutory servicing and any relevant site information which I did, not sure if it was even looked at?
Good luck [Thumb_up.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 04 22:06

Thanks for all reply’s… I’ve not long been home now, totally exhausted but yeah all those “sudden emergencies” have been delt with.
Bring on the next 2 days !!
wonderwoman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 05 07:41

Good luck - you got this [Like.png]