King Charles picture

Discuss Energy saving, Recycling ideas, Plastic use, Food waste and looking after our planet...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Elephantpaul63
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 05 08:25

King Charles picture

Well I have just taken delivery of a big parcel and when I open it its a picture of King Charles. Every school can have one as its a government thing that they will supply every school with a picture of the king if requested. In the days of cost cutting what a waste and I wonder if Charles himself would be happy, so I was just wondering has anyone's head asked for one or is it just mine looking for a knighthood.
adyjay
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 05 08:45

Re: King Charles picture

Just had ours delivered last week, it has now been put up, but we have two schools but they will only send one, so had to find the image online and print another one out, now to get a frame for that one.

I suggest that if you do put it up, then use a bit of string tied to the screw and the mounting fixture on the back, or whatever, just in case it is accidentally knocked off the screw by a little darling, so at least it will hang there, and not crash to the floor, especially as it has glass in it and not plastic, which would have been a better choice for schools.
I often wonder why its easier to complain than praise?
Understanding and co-operation is sadly lacking in schools towards support staff.
When we are wanted, they are all nice, when we ask for something they moan!
Men live their lives in quiet desperation when it comes to the opposite gender!
Don't trust anyone, they will only hurt you!
It's a sad situation really :(
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2024 05 09:49

Don't know what genius decided to put glass in the frame for primary schools..

Anyway, just took old chazza into my office until the hall is empty where he will then be gently placed onto the wall for all to see.
Obelix27
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 05 11:36

Took delivery of ours 2 weeks ago and it is now hanging up in the reception area looking rather splendid.
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 05 12:12

at a cost of approx £8,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!
Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 05 12:15

I have to sat that it's an embarrassement that our country would spend that amount when there are schools with so many issues around.

There was the Panorama a little while back with a primary school with 'temporary' buildings that are well past being fit for use and the HT is told that there is no money to build permanent structures. I wonder if he has applied for a picture....
adyjay
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 05 12:28

I think the portraits are free to schools etc... however I do realise that the money comes from the taxpayer anyway, so nothing we get free, is actually free as such.
I often wonder why its easier to complain than praise?
Understanding and co-operation is sadly lacking in schools towards support staff.
When we are wanted, they are all nice, when we ask for something they moan!
Men live their lives in quiet desperation when it comes to the opposite gender!
Don't trust anyone, they will only hurt you!
It's a sad situation really :(
MrMatt
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 05 12:45

Yes we've got ours!!! Meeting room is the place for o'r Charlie.
'Sometimes fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions' - Haruki Murakami.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 05 14:25

Always had a picture of the monarch through every school i attended, sea cadets, army, police and the security company i was an area manager for and in fact every where the public could access had one, me i am all for it no matter who pays. [Thumb_up.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
twiglets
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 05 15:36

Doubt we'll get one as primary. How about supplying a snap frame- that way we can swap out his for William's [Big grin.png]