Nissan Leaf owners feel abandoned

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Travel Services...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 09 00:43

Nissan Leaf owners feel abandoned

Owners of Nissan Leaf electric cars have accused the firm of "dumping them" after it announced its app would stop working from April. The app allows remote control of functions such as heating and charging, is stopping because the UK's 2G network is being switched off. All Nissan Leaf cars and e-NV200 vans made before 2016 are affected.

Nissan says that some of the Apps functions can still be done from the cars infotainment centre. The ConnectedEV App will close down on 1st April.

Nissan Leaf Owners 'Abandoned' As They Lose Network Access

It makes you wonder how long newer cars will continue before they are cut off from the internet if the 3G network goes the same way.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 09 08:48

Re: Nissan Leaf owners feel abandoned

I owned a Nissan Leaf from 2016 to 2021, and despite all the negativity around EV’s they were 5 years of enjoyable trouble-free motoring. I never ran out of juice once and the battery didn’t self-destruct, in fact when I sold the car at 5 years old the battery was still at 92% state of health.

Nissan are now ceasing production of the Nissan Leaf, makes sense really as it’s now a dated model. It was introduced to the UK in 2011 and had minor face lifts along the way. A major face lift was introduced from model ZE0 to ZE1 mid-2017, involving a new body shape and larger battery, although the CHAdeMO charge port was kept. Whereas most new EV’s introduced around 2017 adopted the new now standard CCS charge port.

I’m not sure if my Leaf was 2G or 3G now, but either way the remote charging and climate control would cease to function after April this year.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.