Cladding

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 12 15:12

Re: Cladding

Eddy wrote: 11th Mar 2024 at 3:28pm The fire rating is class 1 for Whiterock which is fine in a corridor if fixed to a non combustible wall. It is certified for use in kitchens etc.
Box ticked.

"Whatever will they think of next?" (Thinking of a Not the Nine O'Clock News sketch [Big grin.png] )
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 19 08:12

Dexter wrote: 12th Mar 2024 at 3:12pm Box ticked.

"Whatever will they think of next?" (Thinking of a Not the Nine O'Clock News sketch [Big grin.png] )
Showing your age there!

Cant recall the sketch though!
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
stunnn
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 24 11:45

Its a good call..
We did that in a Primary a few years ago, just used sheets on their side (widest possible, so less cutting) and it stopped all the chair / bag marks a treat.
Like you said, from there up it is the periodic Dulex Diamond Magnolia [Like.png]

It was easier with two of us manhandling the sheets...
The cladding adhesive worked just fine but "2-4 tubes a sheet" is overkill..
Pretty sure one tube was plenty...
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Apr 2024 24 19:56

This is exactly a project I am costing now. It’s a long time coming but we are having the whole dining hall covered. One coloured feature wall around the serving hatch, and the remaining walls another colour at approximately 1.5m high which covers tables banging against the wall.
Some of the costing and sheet sizes mentioned here are way out…. As Nail has said look at cladding monkey, coloured sheets are are up to 10x4 foot and under £80 per sheet.
The best quote iv had so far is a tad under 4k including installation for around 60m of sheeting.
HarleyPete
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 24 22:36

Our old decorator used to use gloss paint up to around 1.8M height. Used to last reasonably well as long as you stop the cleaners using scotchbright pads on it. Most things could be wiped off relatively easily.
Shall I rush your rush job before I rush the rush job I was rushing before you rushed in

Most of the time I am a nobody........except when you want something........then, I'm the most important person in the world.

"Teachers are wonderful...........every caretaker should own one, lol"