Partition service.

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 13 14:48

Partition service.

Is it a compliance requirement to have a partition service on a removable wall?

The wall in question divides the two year 6 classrooms and in effect makes it one big room. The wall is only removed twice a year if that. The employee who attends to service has said in the past that it is in really good condition and is on site for maybe an hour. For that we are charged £450. Although that price includes any fittings we may need we have never required any.

I am a competent person and am fully capable of checking fittings for tightness and signs of wear or is it simply a case of showing proof of service in case something should happen.

It is myself that removes the wall if needed outside of pupil hours.
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 13 15:53

Re: Partition service.

In a word yes they should be serviced on a cyclical basis.

I personally would not service them, there is a lot of liability should something go wrong.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 14 02:14

Re: Partition service.

Myself, I had all those things (walls, folding tables and such) serviced on an annual basis and logged in with a check sheet.
If it said "by a competit person" I felt comp. enough to do it myself and log it in. However, I would contact the pro's if it was something beyond me or every few years to check if there was something I missed.
Case in point; We had some diningroom folding tables that they wanted £500 p/y to service. I looked and it said "by a comp. person" so I made a check sheet (bounced it off a friend's who paid) and did the service myseld. At around the 10 year mark I paid the company to come in and inspect.
Only 1 minor problem was found.
In a nutshell, it's all down on what you feel comfortable with and what you can do.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)