Acoustic meeting pods

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: jay, thecaretaker, inspector, Dragonrider

JonOfham
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 15 17:13

Acoustic meeting pods

Hi all,
Anyone have any experience with having accoustic meeting pods like this installed? https://radiusofficefurniture.co.uk/pro ... ting%20pod

We're looking to get a couple but I'm not sure where we stand with fire regs etc. as they're a relatively new concept so there's not much info out there. I've asked a family member who is an architect and he doesn't think there should be an issue as long as it's clear glazing and the occupants can still hear the fire alarm. But wondering if anyone here has actually had them installed?

Cheers
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2024 15 18:55

Re: Acoustic meeting pods

Sorry don’t have em, and at a little over 11k a pop I can’t see it anytime soon. Looks pretty smart tho [Thumb_up.png]
steveg
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 16 09:13

We had something similar installed in 2015 in our library, got it from btoffice.co.uk It wasn't as quiet inside as we would have hoped, but served it purpose, we sold it to another school a few years ago when we re-modeled the library.

It came with data and power wiring in it that meant it was just plugged into a wall and network socket. Had an extract fan on the top and vent for fresh air in, which probably didn't help with the sound proofing. The one you have linked does look more soundproof, looks like they don't make the model we had anymore.

It never got picked up on any fire risk assessments.
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Mar 2024 18 09:04

Wouldn't have been remotely practical this time 4 years ago unless it was a quarantine pod haha!

I would say so long as there is some visual indicator an alarm is going off and the occupants are made aware of what that looks like then you would be ok.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 18 09:32

You would need to alter the room RA and the Fire RA but other than that you would be ok.

Personally I think they look ugly. what is the ventilation like? doesn't seem to be too much volume of air in there for 2 people.. [Confused.png]
£11,000 plus it would be a hard no from me. I could build something similar for a quarter of the price.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 18 10:15

Why not just use "the cone of silence" from Get Smart? [Crazy.png]
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)