Clocks

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Dunroamin
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 29 18:40

Clocks

Noticed the reminder at the top of the page about clocks changing - don’t forget to change your sundials too if you have them [Big grin.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Mar 2024 29 21:19

Re: Clocks

Dunroamin wrote: 29th Mar 2024 at 6:40pm Noticed the reminder at the top of the page about clocks changing - don’t forget to change your sundials too if you have them [Big grin.png]
We had an old sundial in the KS 2 playground, but it was removed around 15 years ago. I used to joke with staff about straining my back adjusting it to BST. Some staff were even sympathetic believing me...
[Big grin.png]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 01 02:05

Watched the guys at Stonehenge changing theirs and that is a massive job to do lol. [Big grin.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
trout39843
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 01 02:19

EBJ wrote: 1st Apr 2024 at 2:05am Watched the guys at Stonehenge changing theirs and that is a massive job to do lol. [Big grin.png]
Stone circles.png
Got a picture of it jack.
Take care bro.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is tough, It's tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
(When all else fails, play dead)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 01 09:38

EBJ wrote: 1st Apr 2024 at 2:05am Watched the guys at Stonehenge changing theirs and that is a massive job to do lol. [Big grin.png]
[Big grin.png] I know that is an old joke, but I find it incredible that Stonehenge is aligned exactly to the summer and winter solstice. Only happening twice a year, how many years did they need to observe the occurrence before deciding on placement of the sarson stones. Plus, how did they shape and move the enormous stones? A bit like the pyramids I suppose, anything can be achieved with enough manpower.

My father-in-law was convinced that some outer worldly advanced super civilisation was involved in all these massive constructions.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 03 08:57

Keyolder wrote: 1st Apr 2024 at 9:38am [Big grin.png] I know that is an old joke, but I find it incredible that Stonehenge is aligned exactly to the summer and winter solstice. Only happening twice a year, how many years did they need to observe the occurrence before deciding on placement of the sarson stones. Plus, how did they shape and move the enormous stones? A bit like the pyramids I suppose, anything can be achieved with enough manpower.

My father-in-law was convinced that some outer worldly advanced super civilisation was involved in all these massive constructions.
Funny enough so was my dad he said it was a landing stage for a flying saucer.

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
Nigel
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
Apr 2024 03 10:41

Been watching a programme by Dan Snow on Stonehenge, they understood the alignment of the planets and mathematics, might of been the stone age but they weren`t stupid.
It`s thought the lived in small communities of thatched and wood round houses in wood henge a few miles away, and Stonehenge was like a church where they worshipped the summer and winter equinox.
Just because we don`t know how they built Stonehenge doesn`t mean they couldn`t do it [Success.png]

As a kid in Wiltshire I remember how you could just walk up to Stonehenge, not any more!
Some Days even the baboon misses the branch
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 03 15:12

Nigel wrote: 3rd Apr 2024 at 10:41am As a kid in Wiltshire I remember how you could just walk up to Stonehenge, not any more!
I remember that [Thumb_up.png] I also remember visiting Stonehenge with my parents in the very early 60’s. Back then you could park your car right next to the big uprights.
[Shock.png]