Carry over leave

Chat about Contracts, Job descriptions, Pay scale, Unions, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Raven
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 10 11:39

Carry over leave

Need help or advice.
Working for my company, we use this online hub thing for seeing payslips, holiday requests etc.
It also shows your holiday entitlement. Mine showed that I had 24 hours carried forward, I took a screenshot. This has been removed and have been told I can't carry me hours over.
Where do I stand with this. Any advice welcomed.
grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 10 12:24

Re: Carry over leave

I would have a look at your contract. Most places I have worked at will roll over holiday but at the head/line managers discretion. Have a look at your contract and have a chat with your line manager. It may be a case of a lesson learned. Just make sure you take your holiday. I have mine agreed for the year so there is no ambiguity.
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Apr 2024 10 12:42

I can carry over 3 days.
Check your contract for your days.
But it sounds like they may be loosing some goodwill.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Apr 2024 10 13:30

I used to be able to carry over 5 days until the Academy took over then it was, oh you must get your holidays used up by the end of March
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Apr 2024 10 13:36

Raven wrote: 10th Apr 2024 at 11:39am Need help or advice.
Working for my company, we use this online hub thing for seeing payslips, holiday requests etc.
It also shows your holiday entitlement. Mine showed that I had 24 hours carried forward, I took a screenshot. This has been removed and have been told I can't carry me hours over.
Where do I stand with this. Any advice welcomed.
Going by a previous post you made I’m presuming you currently work as an agency type cover company?
If so, your company rules on carrying over leave or hours will most definitely be very different to working for and being employed by a local authority council or academy schools.
As said, check your contract if you can. It may be clear that no hours are to be carried over.
Best of luck
Dunroamin
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 12 16:43

magpie wrote: 10th Apr 2024 at 1:30pm oh you must get your holidays used up by the end of March
I was told that in early March - 16.5 days left and only 16 working days to the end of term. Also told if I want any time off to submit it to head and she’ll approve it (my contract is holidays not in term time). Came to a compromise and had a couple of long weekends, a couple of days carried over and the rest paid. It was asked why I had so much left. Our HR/pay/admin person informed head that she had asked for ‘no leave in term time’ put in my contract when my job was advertised, and we’ve been quite busy with contractors during the holidays, hence the amount of days left
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 15 08:18

You can ask to be paid for the carry over but as it is now too late they have the advantage.

It is down to your contract as to what they can or cannot do..
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]