Interview Work scnarios

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

hendo91
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 14:34

Re: Interview Work scnarios

Keyolder wrote: 17th Apr 2024 at 8:36am Its going back more than a few years now, but on the walk around with the DH, I noticed some tables and chairs set up in a corridor that was clearly a fire exit route, indicated by the fire action signage. The corridor was quite narrow, and you had to go single file to pass them. I mentioned this to the DH who shrugged his shoulders saying its always set up like that.

My task on the interview was to shortlist some quotes for redecorating 4 classrooms, indicating reasons as to why I chose the winning quote. During the interview one of the governors asked me to spell the word naive and explain its meaning, they also gave me a set of figures I had to add up and call out the answer.

I was successful in my interview, a few weeks later when I started, I noticed the tables and chairs in that corridor were no longer there. Plus, the 4 classrooms to my knowledge were never decorated, I gradually inherited that task...
Good luck with your interview [Thumb_up.png]
they asked you to spell and perform multiplications out loud ? that seems ridiculous.
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Apr 2024 17 17:58

hendo91 wrote: 17th Apr 2024 at 2:34pm they asked you to spell and perform multiplications out loud ? that seems ridiculous.
....We're not circus monkeys. I'd tell them they were being naïve to assume I'd lower myself to that.
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 18:01

OXSET wrote: 17th Apr 2024 at 5:58pm ....We're not circus monkeys. I'd tell them they were being naïve to assume I'd lower myself to that.
[Big grin.png] [Big grin.png]

Spat my tea out... [Like.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Apr 2024 18 08:12

OXSET wrote: 17th Apr 2024 at 5:58pm ....We're not circus monkeys. I'd tell them they were being naïve to assume I'd lower myself to that.
It was almost 40 years ago now, back then a caretakers job was considered a prestigious post...
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Apr 2024 18 10:31

Keyolder wrote: 18th Apr 2024 at 8:12am It was almost 40 years ago now, back then a caretakers job was considered a prestigious post...
I bet, and interviews have come a long long way since then.. Hard to fathom!
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Apr 2024 18 18:49

My written task was to take meter readings and work out how much water had been used. A calculator was provided for some bizarre reason.

Practical test was to change a fuse.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
Robdog
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 15 10:47

jay wrote: 18th Apr 2024 at 6:49pm My written task was to take meter readings and work out how much water had been used. A calculator was provided for some bizarre reason.

Practical test was to change a fuse.
Mine was a fuse change too, when I asked for a meter to check the replacement fuse, I got a blank look. So just said that, if I was doing this job normally I would check replacement fuse to be certain that when I plugged back in a broken fuse may trip circuit again.