Job Breakdown

Chat about Contracts, Job descriptions, Pay scale, Unions, Holiday entitlement, Appraisals...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 07:45

Job Breakdown

Was having a chat with the CO's here about my role and conversation moved to breaking our jobs down into components. Anyhow, i walked away from the conversation with the urge to display what i thought in Pie Chart format

PM work.png
Food for thought.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
Richard M
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 07:49

Re: Job Breakdown

I hope "Other" includes a tea break! The breakdown is similar to mine. I might have badded a 5-10% Section for H&S. This seems to take up more time these days.
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 07:56

That is quite interesting.

I do very little cleaning.
I do a lot of paperwork. Maybe 40% of my week.
I also do a maths intervention class once a week.

The diversity of the " same " role across different schools is huge.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 08:36

Richard M wrote: 17th Apr 2024 at 7:49am I hope "Other" includes a tea break! The breakdown is similar to mine. I might have badded a 5-10% Section for H&S. This seems to take up more time these days.
Your allowed a tea break? I got snitched on a few months back for having a cuppa. My HT said that I am not entitled to one as I do not work enough hours of the day. I work a split shift and 7.5hrs of the day so by law I should be entitled to at least 15 mins.
Am I right in thinking this?
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. [Success.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 08:39

Mine would look completely different too.

Also it could be vastly different day to day and even term to term so it would actually be misleading to use such a chart to display to others your job role, they would assume that on any given day you would spend x amount of time doing lets say "Cleaning" when in reality you may have spent twice as much time or 1/2 the time.. [Wink.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 08:45

MWCracker wrote: 17th Apr 2024 at 8:36am Your allowed a tea break? I got snitched on a few months back for having a cuppa. My HT said that I am not entitled to one as I do not work enough hours of the day. I work a split shift and 7.5hrs of the day so by law I should be entitled to at least 15 mins.
Am I right in thinking this?
Its to do with what you work in any given shift.. I know for instance that as I do a split shift I'm not entitled to a lunch break.

However there is a huge difference between entitlement and just common decency no one should be able to stop you having some refreshment during your day and I personally would not want to work for management that were so nit picky to say your not allowed a tea break.

I always explain to anyone who comments that although I do have a cup of tea, should there be a call for me to do something then I would leave my tea and do the work. It's very different to others who have a break and lunch break whilst at school.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 08:53

Richard M wrote: 17th Apr 2024 at 7:49am I hope "Other" includes a tea break! The breakdown is similar to mine. I might have badded a 5-10% Section for H&S. This seems to take up more time these days.
so i did consider seperating the H&S but i have included those tasks within planned maintenance for the practicsal, and the record keeping etc in admin

but yes there are a few tea breaks in other [Cool.png]
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
MWCracker
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 08:55

Vera wrote: 17th Apr 2024 at 8:45am Its to do with what you work in any given shift.. I know for instance that as I do a split shift I'm not entitled to a lunch break.

However there is a huge difference between entitlement and just common decency no one should be able to stop you having some refreshment during your day and I personally would not want to work for management that were so nit picky to say your not allowed a tea break.

I always explain to anyone who comments that although I do have a cup of tea, should there be a call for me to do something then I would leave my tea and do the work. It's very different to others who have a break and lunch break whilst at school.

This is now the reason why I went from doing 15 - 20 jobs on my job sheet to only doing one a day. I was asked why I slowed down, I just said that I am busy with paperwork and don't have the time in the day now to do more as the jobs that are currently being put on there are taking longer.

They don't really take a long time but, my attitude is treat others as you would be treated and if you treat me like a child, I shall act so. So this is why I am now slowing down.
[Big grin.png]
The power of the hour maketh you stronger for longer. [Success.png]
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 09:01

I would also say its difficult to quantify tasks carried out in a day, as every day can be and is usually very different. But as a starting point to illustrate basic time division I suppose it would be useful.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 17 09:02

Vera wrote: 17th Apr 2024 at 8:39am Mine would look completely different too.

Also it could be vastly different day to day and even term to term so it would actually be misleading to use such a chart to display to others your job role, they would assume that on any given day you would spend x amount of time doing lets say "Cleaning" when in reality you may have spent twice as much time or 1/2 the time.. [Wink.png]
So this for me is a typical day with the kids in, Yes it can change day to day with reactive maintenance increasing depending upon events that day etc but on the whole.

i have just considered a day in the life during the holidays and it would look totally different
PM holiday work.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.