Heating

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 18 07:59

Re: Heating

What with those soaring fuel prices last year my BM instructed me to firstly reduce the temps and then have it coming on later and shutting off sooner with the view that if it is noticed by staff then we will have a rethink. I have lost count of the number of times I have been into the office and had to shut off the heater/aircon unit way after they have left the building.

Pre Easter I went to see the head and asked their thoughts as to wether it needs putting to sleep and they said judge it myself on the return.

Sure enough it was freezing so it has been running since our return.
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 18 12:09

Still on here in the South. Has been cold in the mornings. Im hoping to switch it off by the end of the month and hope no one notices.
jholden
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 18 12:38

Still on in the mornings here I'm glad to say.
Nedge
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 18 12:51

Ours is still on. HT told us to leave it on for now.
EBJ
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 18 13:18

Back when i was a caretaker i got the verbal from our BM because the heating was on in front of a contractor, not happy about that, she never even gave me the oppertunity to tell her the HT gave me permission when i opened up if it was cold to put the heating on for a hour or two. [Disappointment.png]

Sigillum Militum Xpisti
(The Seal of the Soldier of Christ)
mikefido
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Apr 2024 18 13:55

Ours has gone back on, after Easter, as different teachers in different areas moan about the cold. Although reduced hours [Thumb_up.png]
Having said that I had to scrape ice of the windscreen to get to work this morning! [Shock.png]
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory!
Drone
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 18 16:37

I recall the days when the LEA used to pay the bills. The orders came down from on high that the heating would always go off on April 1st & not come back on before September 1st.
adonis2
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 18 22:41

Mine is off but the heating had switched itself on this morning with the frost override, so it must have dropped really cold in the night.
TheTusk
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 19 07:31

Turned it off when we broke up. Came in on Monday.... Brrr.... Turned it back on.
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Apr 2024 19 08:19

I'm the opposite here - the teachers have to ask me to turn it off in the summer because it's too hot!

We have a biomass boiler and get paid to use it and burn fuel. If I turn it off we lose money.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.