Polling days who's open..

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Twodogs64
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 02 06:41

Polling days who's open..

Polling day again ...
Who's open ..?
I know a lot of schools don't do it anymore..
Twodogs
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 02 07:10

Re: Polling days who's open..

Not me... [Big grin.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 02 07:42

Finally got them out last year.

Hire charge was good, but the hassle made it hard work. particularly as we were mostly open. The voters demanding to be allowed to park onsite was the biggest headache.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
silleyanimal
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 02 07:44

Just year 6 n nursery in [Like.png]
Maverick
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 02 07:50

We don't do it but I will probably have to direct the droves of people confusing us with the very similar named High School for Girls who do. [Like.png]
You were only meant to dust the flipping floors off
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
May 2024 02 08:16

Eddy wrote: 2nd May 2024 at 7:42am Hire charge was good, but the hassle made it hard work. particularly as we were mostly open. The voters demanding to be allowed to park onsite was the biggest headache.
We also suffered this, and even after electronic gates were installed some voters rang the school demanding the gates were opened so they could park in the school car park. We got rid of the poll around 10 years ago now, agreed the booking fee was good but the hassle wasn’t.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
PalaceEagles
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
May 2024 02 08:22

I don't miss that from my previous school, opening the school at 5.30 am for the the polling staff to turn up and demand a place to sit and eat, hot water, cold water, then trying to manage the school staff who are in not to walk through the hall because that's where the general public are. Then locking up just after 10.30pm. Long days and for a little bit of extra overtime that my previous finance manager wouldn't like to pay even though she could claim it back, because it was 'extra work' for her.
DJS5751
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
May 2024 02 10:19

Were open. Nice 5.45am open up and set up the hall for the polling staff.

Signs stuck all over the doors and walls [Neutral.png]

Nice late lock up and close down and here`s hoping the auto gates close after being kept open all day for public access....
Site Manager. [Like.png] [Big grin.png] [Like.png]
Frankle
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 02 10:24

We are open as normal, apart from the sports hall being used as a polling station. I have been here since 0530 to open up for them and will have to return about 22.15 to lock up and tomorrow morning put the sports hall back to how it was. Do not care how much they pay me for doing it I just don't want it. The polling clerks are just as demanding as school staff, this chair's not very comfy can you find me another one, the tables aren't high enough, it's freeeeeeeeeeeezing in here etc. Hopefully this will be my last
Handyman
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Caretaker
May 2024 02 11:07

We're open, the only difference is the breakfast and after school club are in the school instead of in the community centre next door as that has been taken over for polling. A bit more cleaning to do but could be worse.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams [Like.png]

"If at first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you." Steven Wright [Thumb_up.png]