Lockdown system installers Reccomendations

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

Nail
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 04 13:30

Re: Lockdown system installers Reccomendations

HarleyPete wrote: 3rd May 2024 at 9:21pm We have a tannoy lockdown alert system at our school. I personally have never heard it tested (I was off when it was initially done apparently). We also have a Net2 system for entry to our buildings. We are slowly (and it is slowly) changing our keypad entry systems form Bell Systems Keypads to Paxton Keypads. This not only allows for codes to be changed via a PC but can be setup I believe to have two users programmed that can lock all doors and unlock all doors. This can be done apparently by having the software on a mobile phone (in fact I'm sure it was someone on here that I heard it from). Once all our keypads are done then hopefully they will be able to lock all the doors in the even of an incident. It's something I have been bringing up periodically for years but it's not my decision.
We’ve taken the decision to not lock our corridor and external doors, just classrooms. It gives the chance for the person to leave quickly and also allows police to move around the site easily.
HarleyPete
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 05 19:41

Nail wrote: 4th May 2024 at 1:30pm We’ve taken the decision to not lock our corridor and external doors, just classrooms. It gives the chance for the person to leave quickly and also allows police to move around the site easily.
I don't think that is an issue at present but it is always a problem if an intruder knows the entry code to the doors. Obviously, nothing is foolproof but stopping someone getting in might be preferential to worrying about them getting out. All our final exit doors have exit buttons so getting out isn't a problem. Unless you have a foolproof system to lock each and every classroom then that could cause an issue. Quite a number of our classrooms have self releasing locks which open when the internal handle is pressed. This is a fire escape requirement so I've been told to prevent accidental lock in. We have entry cards which are active 24/7 so access for police wouldn't be an issue.
Shall I rush your rush job before I rush the rush job I was rushing before you rushed in

Most of the time I am a nobody........except when you want something........then, I'm the most important person in the world.

"Teachers are wonderful...........every caretaker should own one, lol"
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 07 08:57

Eddy wrote: 3rd May 2024 at 3:20pm The sounders were connected to the existing system. TEXECOM PREMIER.
at the moment, it is activated by a yellow resettable break glass call point in reception. this will be changed over to panic buttons over half term.
It is not monitored so does not alert the police or call centre. We can set it off for drill, and for regular monthly testing.

We are also in Surrey, so happy to show you how it works if you fancy popping over.
Ill PM you [Success.png]
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]