Has anyone famous visited your school

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

grimoopnorth
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 07 12:07

Re: Has anyone famous visited your school

Dexter wrote: 3rd May 2024 at 3:20pm Ian Botham came to my secondary when I was a pupil. Didn't see him myself as I was too busy playing football.

Rick Astley, Chris Evans and Martin Fry (ABC lead singer) are former pupils at the secondaries that I have worked at. At one of the Manchester schools Paul Heaton (lead singer with the Housemartins and The Beautiful South) judged our talent competition. His only demand was for somewhere to park his push bike. He had an encouraging word for every contestant and all without any trace of inflated self-importance - great bloke.
Big fan of Paul Heaton, seems a down to earth bloke.
magpie
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
May 2024 07 17:14

grimoopnorth wrote: 7th May 2024 at 12:06pm Me and the Mrs nearly got mowed down by Adi in the local park. He was zooming along doing his training no excuse me or anything.
He was lovely when he came to our school, the kids really took to him and he didn't try and run anyone down😀
You are only as young as your knees let you feel.
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
May 2024 08 08:26

You have to be of a certain age to remember these names, but in the late 70’s David Kossoff father of the late Paul Kossoff (guitarist with Free) visited the school I was working at and gave a presentation to the upper school about the dangers of drug use.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.