I need a supplier for Washroom Services

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 22 15:23

I need a supplier for Washroom Services

My school is in South Manchester. We have given PHS notice, after many years, due to infrequent sanitary bin collections. Can anybody please recommend a more reliable local supplier?

Many thanks
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 22 15:33

Re: I need a supplier for Washroom Services

Dexter wrote: 22nd May 2024 at 3:23pm My school is in South Manchester. We have given PHS notice, after many years, due to infrequent sanitary bin collections. Can anybody please recommend a more reliable local supplier?

Many thanks
Will be interesting to hear because we have the same issues with PHS. Cheshire
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 22 16:22

Interested to hear too. We use PHS but so far they've been ok.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.
Zoltar
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 22 17:16

Looking to see who everyone recommends. PHS have been terrible for us. Missed sani-bins and hardly ever touch the air freshener systems.
Taz
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 22 17:21

PHS (at least in Essex where my old school was) tend to go through a lot of drivers, so services are doubled up with existing routes, or missed and when the new driver starts, they're playing catch up all the time. That's come from a PHS driver.

I'd guess it's probably/could be the same there.
Sparky
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 22 18:44

Same as…. PHS over the last 6/7 years have gone downhill dramatically! With the company being brought out, and a huge turnover of staff they are most definitely not the service they once were.
We would go weeks without a collection or service. On the phone to the contract centre who really couldn’t give two hoots, but finally we seem to have a driver who actually turns up every week.
The only thing which has kept them here is cost. They are by far the cheapest service going, but this is the result. I have tried changing but the powers that be won’t budge.

Last time I costed Inital were the closest. Could tell you what there service is like tho??
Simon
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 22 19:43

Dexter wrote: 22nd May 2024 at 3:23pm My school is in South Manchester. We have given PHS notice, after many years, due to infrequent sanitary bin collections. Can anybody please recommend a more reliable local supplier?

Many thanks
I've been on to them this week as our bins are overflowing, they don't come often enough in my opinion. It's not like their services are cheap either.
adonis2
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 22 19:58

We use Initial for our school in Essex, I believe they are nationwide.
Overall they have been ok for us.

https://www.initial.co.uk/
MajorD
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 08:09

Another one for Initial. PHS are awful. Sending a different driver every time and you have to drop everything to show the poor person around. Used to complain like mad but nothing changed.
MrMatt
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 23 08:15

We're based in Cheshire and use Citron Hygiene Services. They are very thorough and have regular collections, Easy to contact if you have an issue.
'Sometimes fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions' - Haruki Murakami.