Anybody got Freely TV yet?

Discussion about Freeview, Freesat, Sky, Virgin Media, Streaming Services, DAB Radio...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 2024 25 10:05

Anybody got Freely TV yet?

I'd be interested in your views about the service.

I'm a bit concerned over their claim that Freely is the new FREE streaming service for TV in the UK.
  • No older TV's support Freely, so you have got to go and buy a new TV if you want to watch Freely channels.
  • The Internet package you need isn't free.
  • The TV licence isn't free.
They might get done for false advertising.

Currently, Freely TV relies on an terrestrial TV aerial or a satellite dish. But at some point in the future, it will be a streaming only service.

Again, currently if you visit the Currys website and do a search for FREELY no TVs with Freely come up in the search. Apparently, all 2024 Hisence TV and some TIVO TVs have the Freely service built in, but it's hard to find them. From what I have seen too, your only option is for an LED TV, no Oled options.

It's early days but whether it will become the Freesat and Freeview replacement remains to be seen.

There don't seem to be any plans for a Freely streaming set top box that could open up their service to people with older TVs. They might have just shot themselves in the foot with that decision.

You can look it all up on Freely website here: https://www.freely.co.uk

Let me know your thoughts!

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
Keyolder
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 26 08:44

Re: Anybody got Freely TV yet?

I’m always wary of these new tv companies, I would sooner wait until they are more established before dipping my toe in.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it... [Crazy.png]
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.