Scotland to introduce 3 more Low Emission Zones next month

Chat about Cars, Public Transport, Trams, Railways, Bikes, Air Travel, Travel Services...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

thecaretaker
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
May 2024 25 10:32

Scotland to introduce 3 more Low Emission Zones next month

Scotland is poised to introduce new Low Emission Zones (LEZs) within the next month, a move that will see more than a million vehicles banned from four of the nation’s major cities. This initiative follows the successful implementation of Glasgow's LEZ in late 2023, with Aberdeen, Dundee, and Edinburgh now preparing to launch their own zones.
https://uk.motor1.com/news/720350/scotl ... sion-zones

They join those in the UK in...
  • London
  • Bristol
  • Bath
  • Bradford
  • Portsmouth
More are due in the coming year.

My only concern is every city seem to have their own way of implimenting the scheme with different fees, different times etc. All very confusing.

Vérité Sans Peur
(Truth Without Fear)
HarleyPete
Registered Member
Registered Member
May 2024 26 11:01

Re: Scotland to introduce 3 more Low Emission Zones next month

All of them completely pointless if you take on board the levels found in underground stations. It's just another money making scheme, a way to fleece the easiest target. I'd rather not go into these areas if I'm forced to go by public transport. It might be someones idea of a good way to travel but to me, it's hell. I hate it, there's lots of times I've not gone places because those who were going wanted to travel on public transport. The current rise in the cost of insurance being blamed on the war in the Ukraine is to be honest a cop out. Just another way to subjugate and control the masses for the benefit of the rich and powerful. I don't believe that for one minute it has anything to do with lowering the emmisions when they exempt vehicles that don't comply because they are buses etc. They want to extend it to an area near me (and have the cameras in place already) that is miles from what I call London, it's in Surrey for heck sake but emcompasses a park so they can fleece people taking their kids for a day out.

Sorry, but this one gets my back up, long live the Blade Runners (not that I in any way condone their actions of course).
Shall I rush your rush job before I rush the rush job I was rushing before you rushed in

Most of the time I am a nobody........except when you want something........then, I'm the most important person in the world.

"Teachers are wonderful...........every caretaker should own one, lol"