Flex tap connectors

Get hints and tips from other forum members, discuss equipment care, the best tools to use...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Bigmac24
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 19 06:03

Flex tap connectors

Morning All

Is there any reason why i cant use flexi tap connectors in school, the copper pipe work is so old and dirty the nut just isnt sealing onto the tap, so im thinking cut the pipe work shorter and install flexi connector?
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 19 07:06

Re: Flex tap connectors

We have flexi installed all over the gaffe here from the copper pipe to tap.... not by me but proffesional
plumbers so im guessing theres no harm in it. i think its more to do with the length of run (although dont hold me to that as im no expert) but id say not a problem.
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 19 07:27

We have them here too on every basin. Be careful as they can deteriorate over time (so you need to buy quality.) Last year we had one split in a staff toilet, admittedly after many years. My only other reservation is where pupils twist the taps. I would imagine that fixed pipes reduce this likelihood compared to flex tap connectors.
Eddy
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 19 07:58

They are not recommended due to the breakdown of the rubber causing and L8 risk.

If you do use them, make sure they are WRAS certified.

We have replaced some copper pipes with Polypipe. A bit more forgiving than copper.
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the road with a bald head and beer gut, and still think they look good.
You reap what you sow!
ElGuapo
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 19 08:16

Eddy wrote: 19th Mar 2024 at 7:58am They are not recommended due to the breakdown of the rubber causing and L8 risk.

If you do use them, make sure they are WRAS certified.

We have replaced some copper pipes with Polypipe. A bit more forgiving than copper.
Exactly. They have to be WRAS certified because of the Legionella risk.
I don't have a PhD, but I do have a pee each day.
Andrew
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 19 08:26

We have them all over the place. From what I remember there are 2 different types 1 of which is recommended by water authorities due to legionella regs, something to do with the rubber I think, but apart from that they're ok.
Valar Morghulis
Stay Safe, Stay Daft...
Embrace The Chaos
Football Is Life.... Dani Rojas
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Mar 2024 19 08:41

As Eddy says WRAS approved and fitted with an isolation valve will make future work easier and quicker.
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]