e-waste collection

The forum to discuss work issues, Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Security...

Moderators: Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker, inspector

Gigantor
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 23 17:29

Re: e-waste collection

Our previous IT support team used Enviro Electronics https://enviroelectronics.co.uk/

I think they are national as they are based in Doncaster but collected our waste from Durham
"I know that you are really busy (And I can't be bothered), but..." "Could you just...?" "When you get a chance... No rush. (But what I actually mean is right now)"
mrmop
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 23 21:37

Keyolder wrote: 23rd Jan 2024 at 12:33pm As a cost-effective method for getting rid of 3 old office pc’s, I removed the hard drives and took the base units to the council tip. The hard drives I drilled through then smashed them up with a sledgehammer, 15 minutes of fun and letting off steam.
That was certainly a consideration and something I've done before... but we have quite a few units to get rid of and I know our recycling centre start asking questions when you turn up with a business-amount of IT gear! [Thumb_up.png]
Dean 08
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 29 17:32

I have started using Green IT Disposal. They are free, and reliable in my experience of them. They are based in Manchester, but advertise nationwide collections. Your nearest office would be London.
There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.