My house is falling down...

This is the forum for residential Caretakers. Discuss your rights, Services, Rent, Moving home...

Moderators: inspector, Dragonrider, jay, thecaretaker

OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Oct 2023 19 13:31

Re: My house is falling down...

jay wrote: 19th Oct 2023 at 10:36am Here’s my guess.

You leave the house.
Money is suddenly found.
House becomes a SENCO type unit.

You heard it here first. [Wink.png]
OR as I saw when I did my apprenticeship, Head CT's accom is kept, school suddenly becomes a MAT and now need offices.... cue cushy new refurb with brand new domestic kitchen, heating and they even kept his patio and pond for outside working space..

They actually offered the accommodation to me at first but I didn't say yes right away (was still 19 at the time so it would have been me leaving mums gaff so you can imagine why there was some trepidation..) so this happened instead and then they didnt offer me the same terms on paper so I went primary!
Twodogs64
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 30 09:25

Well folk's just a quick update..
I was supposed to get a letter via the school bursar for the council on Friday so I can at least get onto the local council housing list ...
Well it never arrived....plus they have all skipped off on half term now leaving me working in the school..
When said letter finally arrives and I upload it to the council they don't look at it for ten days so I won't be biding on council flats until December...
Happy ******* --- (The seasonal word only permitted in December) --- 🎄..
So I won't be out of this ruin until the new year if I'm lucky.
I think all these people from a compliance background get so tideup with the paper trail they forget about the people..
Twodogs
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 30 09:48

Twodogs64 wrote: 30th Oct 2023 at 9:25am Well folk's just a quick update..
I was supposed to get a letter via the school bursar for the council on Friday so I can at least get onto the local council housing list ...
Well it never arrived....plus they have all skipped off on half term now leaving me working in the school..
When said letter finally arrives and I upload it to the council they don't look at it for ten days so I won't be biding on council flats until December...
Happy ******* --- (The word only permitted in the month of December) --- 🎄..
I think all these people from a compliance background get so tideup with the paper trail they forget about the people..
Twodogs
keep us posted mate how ya get on.... On a personal level id be keen to know who you find the bidding process and what it entails as i live in tied accomodation too and always have in the bck of my mind that someday i will hve to do this.
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
jay
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Job Status: Retired Site Manager
Oct 2023 30 11:28

Gazza wrote: 30th Oct 2023 at 9:48am keep us posted mate how ya get on.... On a personal level id be keen to know who you find the bidding process and what it entails as i live in tied accomodation too and always have in the bck of my mind that someday i will hve to do this.
Having been through this…
In Northumberland you register on the website.
(Big long form)
Each week houses are posted, and you can bid on up to 3 houses per week that you are entitled to. So a couple are only entitled to a single bedroom house, couple with a child could get a two etc.
There are 5 bands for priority P and 1 to 4.
If you’re banded say a 3 and band 2 will jump you.
As you’re getting a (no fault) eviction you should be P band.
If you’re voluntarily leaving you’re band 4. and may as well go private.
If/when you ‘win’ you get a phone call to arrange a viewing if you accept you get the keys there and then.

Stressful, oh yes.
N=R* x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x (1+Nr) x Fm x L
(If you and I were in the staffroom, it would be the only even prime number.)

Come the revolution, I won't be able to afford the petrol to get there.
Siteopps
Registered Member
Registered Member
Oct 2023 30 11:39

Twodogs64 wrote: 30th Oct 2023 at 9:25am Well folk's just a quick update..
Happy ******* --- (The word only permitted in the month of December) --- 🎄..
Twodogs
Have you found out who has actually condemed the house and why? have you seen any paper work form any inspection, listing what the issues are from an acredited company?
Twodogs64
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 16 07:45

Well big developments on the house front..
The Academy got the insurance involved he said" we're not in the business of knocking school buildings down ".
Even though the academy's surveyor said demo was the way to go..
Another company is now involved..
Monitoring the house movement for a few months see what's happening.. ( that's the third company to do that now ).
Dig a test pit ( time team style) to check the foundations .
Then repair in April.
So ..I can relax but I don't feel secure at all..
Twodogs
Dexter
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 16 08:42

Twodogs64 wrote: 16th Nov 2023 at 7:45am Well big developments on the house front..
The Academy got the insurance involved he said" we're not in the business of knocking school buildings down ".
Even though the academy's surveyor said demo was the way to go..
Another company is now involved..
Monitoring the house movement for a few months see what's happening.. ( that's the third company to do that now ).
Dig a test pit ( time team style) to check the foundations .
Then repair in April.
So ..I can relax but I don't feel secure at all..
Twodogs
Try to focus on the positives. I would only feel unsecure if there were noises within the school suggesting that they still want to demolish, or they start other ways to make it difficult to stay in your job. Enjoy the moment!
OXSET
Registered Member
Registered Member
Job Status: Site Manager
Nov 2023 16 08:51

Interesting development there. Would suggest demolition is last resort rather than a cut and dry decision. Still, good to forward plan!
Gazza
Registered Member
Registered Member
Nov 2023 16 09:01

hope it works out for you mate. fingers crossed
Opinions are like Derry-airs, everyone has one, but some stink and are full of the brown stuff [Success.png]
Vera
Registered Member
Registered Member
Jan 2024 26 16:32

That is at least some positive,
Try to hang on to that rather than thinking what might be. one day at a time.. [Thumb_up.png]
i'm going to need a bigger bucket! [JawDropped.png]
There's no such thing as bad weather, Only the wrong clothes [Like.png]